Don't forget that this Sunday is our 3rd not-so-annual Halloween Spooktacular. At 7:30 EST we'll be sitting down to watch Eric England’s "Contracted" and more importantly get pretty blitzed. It's sure to be a good time and an awful following Monday. Don't miss it.
- The thought of seeing a Broadway show has made me violently ill for many years now and growing up in the New York Tri-State area I was constantly haunted by commercials of every god awful show that was happening in the Big Apples. Next to "Cats", the mother of them all what "Phantom of the Opera". ABC has partnered with "Desperate Housewives" creator Marc Cherry to create a new retelling of the classic story with musical elements thrown in just to make me uncomfortable. The hour long show is currently in the writing phase and will apparently be set in the music industry. I still have nightmares of the time I was forced to go see "Chicago".
- Not to be outdone, the good people at Fox have announced that they're currently working on a Sci-Fi adaptation of the classic "Frankenstein" tale. This retelling will focus on a corrupt FBI agent who is brought back to life and must decide if he's going to go the straight and narrow way or go back to his old ways. From what I can tell there will be no musical elements so it's always a win in my book.
- I'm not the least bit ashamed to admit that "The Woman in Black" made me wet my pants a little. I'll never hide that fact. And now here' the trailer for "The Woman in Black: Angel of Death" and I've once again ruined my long johns. This time around the story focuses on a group of children who are put into the abandoned home from the original film after war breaks out. Blah blah blah some crap happens, a big rocking chair rocks on its own and I have trouble sleeping. Thanks Hammer.
- Speaking of ruining my pants, "The Conjuring" pretty much had the same effect on me. Now it's been announced that James Wan, the fine chap who directed the first film among other horror treats, has signed on to direct the sequel. The film was originally set to release late next year and has now been pushed out to 2016, I assume to give Wan time to think about new and creative ways to make me feel like less of a man.
In Real People News
- I'm not saying I've been to a Golden Corral but if I had and I planned on ever going back I might think twice after reading this news story about a Florida man who had to go to the hospital after biting into the head of a dead rat he found in his chili. I mean everyone knows you don't fill up on soup or salad at the Golden Corral so it kind of serves him right. Not that I'd know what they even serve there.